Advertise here

ALL CARVER CASCADE WATER HEATER, GAS FIRE, FANMASTER,P4 QUESTIONS HERE

Showing results 81 to 100 of 4052.

mb
Joined Feb 2005
16 posts

Hi gary, The van is a 1991 I think, its an avondale wren and yes its the common switch on the wall, all I am getting is the green light, nothing else.

Wednesday, 13 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Simple test then?,
Turn off the gas first, now Un-plug the din plug from the switch and with the switch on and green lit, reintroduce the plug.
If you 'hover' the plug over the socket just making and breaking contact you will hopefully get 'some' life out of the module...ticking of the spark or the gas valve opening and shutting. It takes a little practice but this will prove if the switch is faulty...if the module stays dead then that will be at fault.
Either way I have both serviced exchange parts in stock
Gary

Wednesday, 13 April 2005

Discussion Archived

mb
Joined Feb 2005
16 posts

Thankyou, what do you charge, inc postage? Thanks.

Wednesday, 13 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Depends what you want?, the module is £63 and the switch £18, both with free postage. You send just a cheque for the module and then return your old one in the same box. With the switch you send it with the cheque
Effectively the module has caused the damage but I aways say try a switch first and 'if' it blows again then I will repair it for free if you then have a module.
Gary
http://www.arcsytems.biz

Wednesday, 13 April 2005

Discussion Archived

mb
Joined Feb 2005
16 posts

Hi Gary, Where is the module situated? and is it fairly easy to remove? also are there any tests that can be carried out to test the module itself first!Thanks.

Thursday, 14 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

One good reason for sending the new one out first is because when it is in your hand you will see clearly what needs to be done to change it.
The module is behind a flat aluminium plate which you get at by removing the flue cover outside the van. In the bottom right hand corner there are two 'pozi' drive screws which hold it in and connects the gas supply with a rubber 'O' ring seal. Sometimes the black box which is the part of the module that lives inside the van will not want to come out though it's hole, this means the box lid has popped open and you need to squeeze it shut from inside the van and start it though the hole. The electrical connection from the control switch is best unplugged and later refitted while the new module is in your hand outside the van. There is normally enough cable to allow this but sometimes the cable is tied to the cold water inlet valve and this will need to be released first.
The gas connection is 'almost' idiot proof providing a little care is taken not to 'cross thread' the screws on refitting, another point is that the foam 'weather' seal on the bracket at the back of the burner is lifted slightly so that it is as high as it will go and firmly against it's mating recess on the heater body. All this you do by simply lifting the burner with a finger tip to the left as you finally tighten the screws to the right.
As I said it's simply enough and many many customers do it perfectly safely, however if you are in doubt you must get it fitted or at least checked afterwards by a competent person.
If the checks on the switch don't prove the switch at fault then it will be the module if the battery power is above 11 volts. In almost all cases it will be the module at fault but with the late 91 to early 93 module it could be either or both, at least I have not come across any other module dates that damages the switch.

Thursday, 14 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Carvar Cascade 1 problem
when i switch my water heater on it works for 10 mins then gose to fail it used to get red hot now just warm and keeps failing does any one know why thanks

Possible answer
This sound very familiar? and is the very problem that got me into the caravan game in the first place!!
Assuming the heater will start working again after another 10 minutes, then I think the heat exchanger 'over temperature' switch is being effeced by direct contact with the gas flame of the burner.
The switch is protected by an extended 'fin' that pushes up against the fire box wall but with time moves away and allows a gap for the flame to pass and this quickly overheats it.
You need to remove the burner at the base of the heater and bend the fin back into position which is more easy 'typed' than done??
There are a few other possibles but the main problem is it is doubtful whether the heater has been properly serviced since fitted at least 21 years ago!!!

Thursday, 14 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Maureen
Joined Apr 2005
30 posts

Hello Richard,
We have just bought a Swift Challenger which has a Cascade 2 water heater. We can't get it working (we don't know how to!) Could you send the operating manual please, otherwise we could be buying parts or a new boiler and may not need one.
The caravan also has a carver fire which we are not sure how to work. There are 2 clocks, I take it that it is one for the fire & one for the water. Many Thanks
Maureen S Appleby

Thursday, 14 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

"Two clocks" are they the same or similar?, the cascade mk1 and the 'Caravelle' fire used the same 'clock' while the cascade 2 used a similar one but did not have a 'dial' for temperature adjustment.
Richards manuals are available by clicking on the link and selecting which one you need

Thursday, 14 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Jack
Joined Apr 2005
1 posts

My carver water heater was working fine last year and I drained it down for the winter. Now even with gas, electric and water flowing the water is not hot. The lights show it is working and the gas ignites but the water is just not hot.
Has anyone got any sugestions?
John

Sunday, 17 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More caravans ads...

Mitchell
Joined Apr 2005
1 posts

I have just purchased a second had Swift caravan fitted with a Carver Cascade 2 unit.

Does anyone have a user hand book they can copy or email me or tell me where i can buy one please
john mitchell
07802 [Log in to view email]

Sunday, 17 April 2005

Discussion Archived

chamb1511
Joined Apr 2005
4 posts

we have recently bought a caravan for the first time and we are experiencing problems with the carver cascade water heater, at first we had a green and red light on, which is supposed to indicate air in the gas. which we tried 3 or 4 times and then we had a continious green light but no heat. we can not hear any clicking noises. there is no heat generated at any time. we have tried this over and over again givingit plenty time to heat up but still nothing.

Monday, 18 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

To start with you should have about 10 second between green being joined by the red. After that have a look at MB's problem and answers above and see if that fits?

Monday, 18 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Richard
Joined Apr 2005
8 posts

Hi- this question is to do more with wiring that a cascade heater but this appears the most sensible place for the question. ....I have just purchased a 1989 ABI Daystar Award with a Carver Cascade 2 heater which does not work. When you turn it on there are no lights at all. Both fuses are ok in the remote swtch. On investigation there would appear to be no positive feed to the wires to the remote switch unit. The wires that run form the remote switch are connected to the wiring to the mains transformer. Can anyone help identify where this positive feed to the transformer runs from?

Monday, 18 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Richard, first off you don't mention a battery which you must have? and the transformer should be connected too it. Your transformer with a paltery 4 amp output is little more than useless on it's own but should at least however be capable of running a few things...if it works?. Are you getting 12volt power to anything else?

Monday, 18 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

Jim asks
"our cascade 2 water heater lights every time with a nice even blue flame but will not stay alight!, anyone any ideas as to why.heres hoping jim".
First check for any water leaks from the tank or the inlet and outlet, these leaks will often get into the black box below the tank and cause alsorts of problems, if it is wet you can take the 'burner module' out and a night in the airing cupboard might make it work again if it has not been wet for long.
Beyond that the module may well need replacing with a serviced exchange unit.
Gary
http://www.arcsystems.biz

Monday, 18 April 2005
Edited Monday, 18 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Richard
Joined Apr 2005
8 posts

Gary
Sorry for confusing you. Yes there is a battery, all other electrical battery items work ok. When there were no lights on the heater control when switching on the watrer heater I checked for voltage on the heater control switch. I have proved that the -ve voltage is ok but there is nothing on the +ve wire. Tracing the cables back they are spliced into the +ve and -ve wires leading to the mains trasformer.

Monday, 18 April 2005

Discussion Archived

gary
Joined Mar 2002
2443 posts

There has got to be a simple solution and the obvious is a blown fuse elsewhere, if the +ve wire is dead then the fault has to be between the known supply and the heater switch. Your charger should be a brown box called 'Harmony' or 'symphony' something to do with music anyway, but all the connections are on the back.

Monday, 18 April 2005

Discussion Archived

chamb1511
Joined Apr 2005
4 posts

hi thanks for that i did what you said and yes when u put the wiring to the connector it clicks every time asnd no the red lite comes on as soon as the green one if you think this is the switch how much and how do i buy one where do i send to

Monday, 18 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Roy
Joined Apr 2005
4 posts

We have recently come home from a short weekend, the carvar cascade 2 GE water heater is tripping the MCB and also the gas burner doesn't light, has anyone experienced the same problem. The water flows freely around the system.

Monday, 18 April 2005

Discussion Archived

Showing results 81 to 100 of 4052.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.