Advertise here

Peugeot speedfight 2 problems

Messages 1 to 4 of 4.

kierannn
Joined Jan 2013
2 posts

Hi, I have the peugeot speedfight 2 50cc,the problem I have is it accelerates fine than after 100-200 yards looses power and goes 20 when normally it does 50. I have played with the petrol tap adjusting it, my friend who is a mechanic cleaned the carb. anyone had this problem? also it has lost compression as you can hear when it turns off. thanks.

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Discussion Archived

bykermzman
Joined Aug 2004
30 posts

What can you hear as you switch off? If you have done a compression test and it's low, it could be a piston ring or a valve damged or head gasket blown. Either way its an engine strip. If you have checked that the compression is O.K, then you need to look at the Coil or the cdu both can be problematic.

Sunday, 20 January 2013

Discussion Archived

kierannn
Joined Jan 2013
2 posts

Hi and thanks for the reply, there is an awful ringing noise when turning off, like it's letting all its energy out if you will. There is very low compression and not enough to even kick it now! I spoke to two mechanics, one said clean the carb because it's catching up with itself when it reduces speed (it has just been cleaned) and then the other was saying my engine could temporarily be seizing up and it would cost hundreds to fix! I keep telling my parents about a piston ring but they don't seem to listen to me, I was thinking ordering a full cylinder kit with a top end head gasket?

Monday, 21 January 2013

Discussion Archived

Tzr man
Joined Jan 2013
10 posts

hi the ringing noise can be one of two things on your ped
it could be your starter motor is not fully disengaging
Or it could be your bell housing on your clutch is not letting
go at the right time ( I.e ) slipping due to the springs getting
weak or shoes been worn out on the clutch itself .

if at first you don't succeed try try again.

Thursday, 24 January 2013

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 4 of 4.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.