Advertise here

Honda xr 125 de-restriction

cookay
Joined Nov 2004
3 posts

hi,

i have just bought a xr 125, i have removed the air box snorkle which has give it a bit more response its overheating now though so im gunna rejet the carb. anyone got any other ideas on how to de-restrict this machine??

Tuesday, 30 November 2004

Discussion Archived

CMB
Joined Aug 2004
65 posts

Who told you you that could derestrict it? It's a 4-stroke, these aren't usually derestrictable in the way you can derestrict a 2-stroke learner legal bike. They're usually designed to produce the power they make as standard, I'm not aware of any four-stroke 125 that isn't. If it's overheating that's because you've weakened the fuel/air mixture (now too much air), I'd put the snorkle back if you don't want to seize it. If you want a quick 125 you really need a 2-stroke, otherwise I'd say get a bigger engined four-stroke bike.

Discussion Archived

cookay
Joined Nov 2004
3 posts

it is factory restricted like every other bike sold, i am going to re jet the carb to richen off the mixture slightly.

Discussion Archived

CMB
Joined Aug 2004
65 posts

I doubt that very much, the UK learner law is now 14.6bhp - there aren't any (road) 4-stroke 125s that make more power this. Your XR125 was designed to fall under this limit, there's little you can do to change that other than tune it which on a 4-stroke isn't cheap. Making a bike from scratch that falls into the learner-legal band isn't the same as restricting a more powerful 2-stroke engine so learner riders can use it - i.e. with the Aprilia RS's, restricted they make less than half the power they're capable of. I think you're wasting your time personally, if you want to go quicker on a 125 you need a 2-stroke like say the Aprilia which are derestrictable for nearly 30-odd hp. Or for something cheaper, you could get a DT125R. Rejetting to richen the mixture will only slow it down unless you're doing this after fitting a power pipe.

Wednesday, 1 December 2004

Discussion Archived

cardiffdrz
Joined Dec 2004
6 posts

Yep what he said above

Sunday, 26 December 2004

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.