Advertise here

fiat 126 engine conversion

Messages 1 to 12 of 12.

nrg19uk
Joined Dec 2004
2 posts

hi guys and girls,

could anyone tell me if anyone has done a engine conversion on a fiat 126 and wat engine was used? how easy it was too do
any pics taken etc etc etc

thanks neil

Friday, 3 December 2004

Discussion Archived

stuey
Joined Sep 2004
66 posts

neil take a look at http://www.fiat-furious.prv.pl/ theres lots of conversions on here to give you some idea (its in polish but you can use an opnline translator to get some ideas, also check this link on the fiat forum- http://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=21744 for a renault engine conversion....

Monday, 24 January 2005

Discussion Archived

dodo
Joined Nov 2004
59 posts

Hi Stuey,

Looked at the Fiat forum Renault motor in a 126 - GULP ! Ok I suppose if you have a giant Scalextric track and a hefty slot guide at the front, it might stay on the road. I still think that Purdey's bike engine is a better bet on the basis that it should be a bit lighter. Something more mundane for me I think. I originally thought of the 999cc FIRE motor from a Panda/Uno as it is relatively light. However, after finding out about the Citroen GS 1129cc, air-cooled, flat four, producing 56bhp, I rather fancied that idea. There is also a 1300 version producing 65bhp, still air cooled. All I have to do now is find one. Dodo

Monday, 24 January 2005

Discussion Archived

dodo
Joined Nov 2004
59 posts

Nearly forgot. The pic on this message shows what they do with 126s in Holland. Oh, I wish. The nearest we have here is 2CV racing. In Italy they have a racing category up to 700cc ! The smallest category used to be up to 500cc, but don't think it still exists. Dodo

Monday, 24 January 2005

Discussion Archived

Purdey
Joined Oct 2004
92 posts

I guy called Graham Floorit just contacted me about putting a Blackbird engine in but I've been unable to contact him. If you are reading then give me a shout. Cheers, Purdey.

Monday, 24 January 2005

Discussion Archived

Nicky
Joined Jan 2005
7 posts

Hello from Nicky to Purdey

Just wanted to see if you have had chance to put the bumpers on e-bay.

Nicky

Monday, 24 January 2005

Discussion Archived

Purdey
Joined Oct 2004
92 posts

Hi Nicky, I have the bumpers on ebay at last. You should be able to get them on the following link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl......me=STRK:MESE:IT

I have put them on at £4.99, hope that suits you.

Cheers, Purdey.

Monday, 24 January 2005

Discussion Archived

Purdey
Joined Oct 2004
92 posts

Sorry about the change of thread! My advice is if you are looking for a simple engine conversion then a bike engine might not be it. At least not the way I'm doing it (mid engined). If you were to put a bike engine where the existing engine is this might be a bit more straight forward. A modern bike engine is compact and reliable, but this is a lot of work and you have to think about a reverse gear, plus put in too much power and with all the weight in the back you are going to pull wheelies! Its hopefully going to be a good project but its going to take a while.

Monday, 24 January 2005

Discussion Archived

nrg19uk
Joined Dec 2004
2 posts

thanks for the links that renukt engine will make it go a bit quick!!!

i was thinking more of the lines of putting a metro turbo lump in its small and quick :P rear wheel drive have sum fun with that !!! hheheh keep me posted of any others you come across

Monday, 24 January 2005

Discussion Archived

Purdey
Joined Oct 2004
92 posts

Probably the most expensive and the quickest 126 ever is up for sale. Click on the link and go to Classified ads

Fiat 126 with 2 Suzuki 1200 engines in it for £6000, http://www.yorkshiredales.uk.net/

Tuesday, 25 January 2005

Discussion Archived

Adverts Currently On Preloved

FIAT BARCHETTA BARGAIN!!!

SPOTLESS FIAT ESTATE.2007 REG

SWIFT SUNTOR 590RS (03) 52...

FIAT PUNTO 2006 ACTIVE...

2006 FIAT GRANDE PUNTO

HYMER A CLASS B584 CLASSIC...

2000 HYMER B544 FIAT 2.8TD LHD

2011 FIAT 500

Place an ad here for free

» More fiat ads...

dodo
Joined Nov 2004
59 posts

Hi All,
I've just found the site I wanted for engine conversions. Go to http://126fan.cx.wix.pl/index.php It's all in Polish but scroll down the left hand column till you get to "swaps". It is all very self explanatory giving the engine sizes and each page is full of pics. There are really good pics of the bell housing adapter plates used, front radiators and the methods of adapting engine mounts. Everthing from 903cc to 1242cc Punto FIRE motor. If you want more GO, the 1242 motor comes in 16v and the 1116 Uno motor is basically the same as the 1300 Uno Turbo 105bhp unit. This last one can, of course, be instantly upgraded by 'chipping'. I was amazed how these engines fit so well in the engine compartment, especially the 903cc. This is the one I am going for. All I have to do now is find an Autobianci A112 Abarth version. 1050cc and 70bhp will do me. BTW, the 127 Sport is only 903, but produces 70bhp as well. That should be easier to find.

Wednesday, 26 January 2005

Discussion Archived

stuey
Joined Sep 2004
66 posts

i want it!!! but cannot afford it... be great to see some pics especially how the engine is installed... might be interesting for road use..

Wednesday, 26 January 2005

Discussion Archived

Messages 1 to 12 of 12.

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.