Advertise here

Pleco help

LESLEY
Joined Jun 2007
153 posts

We have a fish tank at work with a number of small fish and the a pleco and some cat fish.

Recently the pleco has been deteriorating and losing weight and we are not sure why as everything else in the tank is doing fine.

Is there anything we can feed the pleco to help its condition, we have a feeling that the catfish are eating the algae tablets before the pleco can get any.

Owner of a 6 year old Springer Spaniel Fudge (R.I.P 2007-2014) and 3 lovely bunnys, Ruby, Pepper and Toffee

Wednesday, 19 March

Discussion Archived

The Hawk
Joined May 2008
23132 posts

I don't know anything about fish but maybe separate the pleco from the others.......hopefully someone on here will have some advice.

'Age doesn't matter unless you're a cheese.'

Wednesday, 19 March

Discussion Archived

LESLEY
Joined Jun 2007
153 posts

We do not have another tank which we can out it in.

Owner of a 6 year old Springer Spaniel Fudge (R.I.P 2007-2014) and 3 lovely bunnys, Ruby, Pepper and Toffee

Wednesday, 19 March

Discussion Archived

The Hawk
Joined May 2008
23132 posts

Aren't pleco's a type of catfish? Who looks after the aquarium,do you have a company coming in to clean it etc? Have you been on a fish/aquarist website to look for advice yet?

'Age doesn't matter unless you're a cheese.'

Wednesday, 19 March

Discussion Archived

Meganf
Joined Apr 2012
574 posts

My mum had the same problem when she 1st got hers a few years ago. She got a piece of clear perspex, bent it at a 90° angle and sectioned him off from the rest for about an hour so he got his fair share of food after a few months he was so used to getting his food as soon as it was put in she didnt have to divide it any longer as he was the 1st too the food put in. But id also put a little extra bottom feeder pellets in. They also love cucumber. A few pieces of cucumber with a little lead weight on as a treat. Even the other fish seem to enjoy it x

Wednesday, 19 March

Discussion Archived

Important Note

All messages are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.