Overall Ratings

Overall

Based upon average ratings provided by 2 members - add your own review

Showing reviews 1 to 2 of 2.

Eddy
Reviewed November 2010.

Performance Reliability
Parts Availability Overall Value for Money

I bought the a Mercedes 200E W124 Year 1991 in the year 1999. That's a 9 year old car with 167000km travelled. Used it for 1 year & decided to rebuild it. So I send it to a reputable wokshop hve the engine rebuilt from scratch. Also transmission overhauled & complete paint job. It cost US$7500/=.

It came out looking as good as new & I have been using it quite happily without any issues.

Now that it running its tenth year, the fuel consumption is quite high. I think its about time to do an complete ovehaul again.

This car is Rock solid & Safe !
As long you maintain it well like taking care of even the smallest problem which does arise from time to time, you will treasure it.

I have owned Japanese & Alfas & BMWs. But driving this Merz is total Satisfaction at Minimum cost. No doubt about it

Best car & probably over enginnered to last forever.....

Safe & Solid
None in my opinion
Reviewing a 1991 model.
Mercedes 200E W124 8valves
Owned for more than 5 years.

foo c m
Reviewed April 2009.

Performance Reliability
Parts Availability Overall Value for Money

I am motoring on a budget and bought a 6th hand pre-owned MB W124 E200. Yessiree that's SIXTH hand. I am his 7th owner. Poor thing had more than 350,000km on the odometer, and is 19 yr old (I am advised in car terms that's equal to 95 yrs in a human!). I bought it at about 15% of its original when-new ticket price, invested another roughly equivalent sum doing up the transmission, gear box, miscellaneous engine-part fixes and replacements etc and it now runs like new. My mechanic claims the nearly perfect paint-job is original and I do not doubt him - he looks new after a $100 polish-job. Its not for no reason that the British motoring press nicknamed the W124 the Brick Shithouse or Der Bunker - its built as sturdily as one! B-)

Oh yes, you should drop everything do you do and buy a copy of ''Autopia - Cars & Culture'' (Ed. Peter Woller & Joe Kerr), available off Amazon.Com.

Built like a German Bunker!!
As stylish, snazzy and swift as a German Bunker!
Reviewing a 1990 model.
MB W124 E200 fuel-injected
Owned for 4 years.

Showing reviews 1 to 2 of 2.

Important Note

All ratings and reviews are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.