Overall Ratings

Overall

Based upon average ratings provided by 4 members - add your own review

Showing reviews 1 to 4 of 4.

ilovesailing
Reviewed November 2010.

Performance Racing Scene
Cruising and Pottering Overall Value for Money

they are really good boats in lighter wind races they allways win on handicaps at our sailing club but then as it gets heavier winds because of the advantage of being able to plane the lasers win.

Owned for 2 years.

G.O'Rilla
Reviewed January 2004.

Performance Racing Scene

I am on my third Wayfarer in four years, each one better than the previous and not necessarily newer. Current boat is no less than 45 years old but still on minimum weight and competitive in big fleet races. This alone says that a decent wayfarer apart from being versatile is a good buy - look after it and you will always get at least your money back. Very strong and very stable. The class association is one of the best. Downside - not that fast and a bit on the heavy side. Still a better buy than a Laser stratos or other similar offerings. The wayfarer will be worth more when you sell and you can be sure that it will not fall to bits.

Owned for 3 years.
http://www.wayfarer.org.uk

Martin
Reviewed June 2003.

Performance Racing Scene

Got to be one one the best dinghys ever made. I had one for six years and found it to be a lovely cruising / family boat. A 4hp outboard on the back is an added advantage if the wind drops on the way home. Also a superb association with great hints and tips and technical advice for the very keen racing and cruising fraternity. Old ones can be boat for not much more than a 1000 pounds you can keep it for 6 years and sell it for the same price that you bought it.

VV stable and relatively easy to right after a capsize, sail head bouyancy can be added to stop it going turtle. But once righted, be warned there is a lot of water to bail out!!

For me only drawback was the weight 372 pounds is a lot to pull up a slipway, so people with bad backs should think about something lighter.

Martin

Owned for more than 5 years.
http://www.wayfarer.org.uk/

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed March 2004.

Performance Racing Scene

Although I haven't owned a wayfarer myself I have sailed them a lot. The boat is stable and sound, good to learn in and safe enough to take a couple of children out with you. Take it out in F6 with full sails and it can still make your adrenalin run though! Comfortable to potter about in, in light winds.

Never owned

Showing reviews 1 to 4 of 4.

Important Note

All ratings and reviews are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.