Overall

Based upon average ratings provided by 150 members - add your own review

Showing reviews 121 to 140 of 169.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed August 2003.

Performance Reliability
Parts Availability Overall Value for Money
- -

I have had my KA for 3 years now. Initially thought it was fantastic - until the first road chip. I have never had a car with fragile paint like this one, and since then the chips have increased. Unless Ford can convince the Highways not to use stone chippings for road surfacing this won't change. A year ago, the day after the second service at the Ford garage from which I had bought the KA, the engine over revved on changing gear, I went back to the Ford garage, but when the mechanic got in the car it did not overrev and the mechanic acted like the problem was imaginary. A year later it was over-revving again - very very loudly - the next day I took it to the local Ford Garage, again it did not repeat the problem, and they reported they could find nothing wrong with it. As a Ford garage you would think they would have known about this fault - having just visited the fixafordcar.co.uk site this is one of the top ten faults caused by the trottle position sensor. If your KA was built between 08.1995 and 21.06.2000 this site says it will also require a modified connector. Tomorrow I'll be talking to local garage again! Doesn't leave me with a lot of faith in Ford dealerships. MC

Never owned

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed August 2003.

Performance Reliability

Poor build quality and behind dash electrics. Trim around seats likely to fall off, rattles can develop inside doors under body. Hatchback lock wear will develop quickly if key used to lift hatch door open. Not a bad car, comfortable for local and trips upto the 250 mile mark. Drivers door window wiper position so that knee rest uncomfortably against it.

GW

Owned for 5 years.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed August 2003.

Performance Reliability
- -
- -

Am seriously thinking of buying a 'used' Ka from my Ford dealer, i.e. ex-demo model. But having read some reviews I don't like the sound of all those ones that cut out - that is the reason I'm getting rid of my Fiat Uno. Is the Ka the right buy? I don't want a big car and thought it would be perfect. Am I only hearing the horror stories? And surely the Ka has to be better than the Uno at getting up hills?! Any advice welcomed!

-
Never owned

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed July 2003.

Performance Reliability

i am from austrlia and i NEED a body kit for my KA, i mean a BIG body kit, nothing pez, does anyone have any idea where i would find one in Oz or will i have to order one from the UK?? e-mail me at- [Log in to view email]
THANX!!!!

Owned for 3 years.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed July 2003.

Performance Reliability

uses hardy any petrol, cheap to register and insure, funky looking little car, and if you look up the KAKLUB on the net you will see just how great they look done up, better than you would imagine (trust me!!)

Owned for 3 years.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed June 2003.

Performance Reliability
- -
- -

Ive had my KA since April 2002. In January I commented on this site about an intermittent ticking sound from the engine. learnt to live with this until this summer when the KA ticking turned into a mild intermittent mild knocking from the alternator fan belt area. This is only noticable on tickover or when driving slowly. It damps down considerably when the AC is operational. It goes in for examination on 23rd June. Possible fault is a defective self adjusting fanbelt mechanism creating the knock. Hopefully!! Anybody else had a similar 'knock' and if so what was it?
I'll update later. Apart from that, a great little car all round. I'm 6' 1" and certainly no 'girly' [Log in to view email]

-
Owned for 1 year.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed June 2003.

Performance Reliability

I loved this car when I first got it but now I hate it because of the rust! When I bought a three year old car I did not expect to have this problem. I wont be buying another ford. Buy peugeot or volkswagon as they dip the whole body in an anti-corrosive substance before painting it.

Owned for 6 months.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed June 2003.

Performance Reliability

I have owned my Ka from new and also had problems for over a year with sticking/racing accelerator which has become getting far worse recently (not being cured by turning off the engine). The car is going into the garage for the third time to try and get it sorted out. The brakes are definately too soft and the older engine underpowered. I have driven numerous other Ford models and think they can produce 'relatively' decent cars, but I dont think I would want to own another - looks like I got one of the [numerous]lemons.

Owned for 4 years.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed May 2003.

Performance Reliability

I like everything about it, It's so great to drive. It's the best car i have ever had!

Owned for 6 months.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed May 2003.

Performance Reliability
- -
- -

I am thinking of buying a new ka.What do you think?

-
Never owned

Adverts Currently On Preloved

FORD KA 11 MONTHS MOT 6...

FORD KA 1.3I STYLE [70]...

FORD KA SILVER, 2002 REG,...

FORD KA 1.3 ZETEC (CLIMATE)

FORD KA STYLE PLUS

FORD KA 1.3I ZETEC [70]...

FORD KA 1.3I 3DR ++ 9...

FORD KA 1.3I 3DR GREAT...

Place an ad here for free

» More ford ka ads...

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed May 2003.

Performance Reliability

Have had my W reg Ka since new. I have the same problem with the engine revving. Have had it fixed twice but it comes back after a few months. It has just started again. I will try the stalling trick tomorrow!

Owned for 3 years.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed April 2003.

Performance Reliability

has anyone had the same problem as me. From new my Ka has had an engine management problem. Intermitantly, the engine continues to rev at the previous rate after the accelerator pedal is released. Occasionally the revs actually increase sometimes till the engine actually revs so fast it is almost screaming.

The fault will be absent for up to several journeys through many road conditions and gear changes then start for no apparent reason. Two separate main dealers have attempted to cure it. One replaced the clutch assuming I didn't understand clutch slip from a highly reving engine when the vehicle was stationary, in neutral and with no pressure on the accelerator pedal. The cures (whatever they were) have lasted up to about one year before reappearing.

The difficulty is no agent's mechanic I have seen identifies with the problem and, like toothache, it won't happen what I draw up at the garage. Once I drove for quite some time with the mechanic till it reappeared.

Often, in fact the only way to stop it, it to switch the engine off and restart it when it will either (mostly) go wrong almost immedialtely or be OK for several journeys.

It is dangerous and I would like to know what the fault is (other then engine management thankyou), who to get it fixed and so someone learns from this, where and for how much I can get it PERMANENTLY repaired.

Thanks John

Owned for 3 years.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed April 2003.

Performance Reliability

This is my first car and all i can say is that it is a phat little car.

Owned for 3 months.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed March 2003.

Performance Reliability

i recently part exchanged my L reg fiesta ghia for a ka 1, although it is a little more basic than the fiesta it is still great. the steering is excellent (pas)and if you like me and cannot park, then they are ideal cause they are small and cute!
i've had no problems with my as yet, but it has only been two weeks (touch wood) but i am very worried about the rust that everyone keeps going on about, so i will be checking mine in the morning that for sure! also i hope i dont have problems with it cutting out cause that was the only reason i sold my fiesta!!
anyway i am really pleased with the body work and hope it just lasts!!!

Owned for 1 month.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed March 2003.

Performance Reliability

The ka is one of the best looking small cars around, althogh people say its a girls car, personally i dont care, a car is a car, and ford would aim a car a one sex as they would make as much sales. some ka's are rusty, conk out round corners, leak, but not all of them and if you get a good one you'll be laughing like me!

Owned for 6 months.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed March 2003.

Performance Reliability

I bought a ford KA today. I'm well impressed with the handling and funky interior.After looking on this site I'm worried about rusty sills, engines cutting out and more importantly, that its a girls car. My wife and daughters think its great!

Owned for 1 month.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed March 2003.

Performance Reliability

RUST RUST - When will Ford admit that the car has a serious design fault around the door sill and door area. I'm really fed up with having to sort out the rust problem on this car - has already cost me £70.00 in repairs. My car is a v-2000 reg. It seems like every weekend Im on my hands and knees fixing the next bit of rust.

Owned for 2 years.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed February 2003.

Performance Reliability
- -
- -

I've had a P reg Ka 2 since April 2002.
Since then I've had a new engine put in, and now it's decided to cut out on me when slowing down on bends or sliproads.
Can anyone help?

-
Owned for 1 year.

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed February 2003.

Performance Reliability

Our KA has had two exhaust boxes drop
off - one every two years.

It cuts out going around corners and
loses power - chugs- when going for a
couple of miles. It is not the idle
control valve! Can anyone help? Peter
and G

Never owned

Preloved Visitor
Reviewed January 2003.

Performance Reliability

I bought my Ka 1 new in July 2001. It has
had no mechanical problems at all, and has
done 25,000KM.
The handling of the Ka is excellent - no
more slowing down for round-abouts. The
accelleration is a bit naff, but I drove a
Toyota Echo (Yaris in Europe) around New
Zealand, and although they have more
power on paper, you have to thrash the
engine to get it. Fuel efficiency is excellent.
I've had no rust problems, but I live in South
Australia - the driest state in the driest
continent in the world, and it takes any car at
least 15 years to rust here.
My only small complaint is that my window
winders have developed a bit too much play
- something that I'm sure can be easily
adjusted.

Owned for 2 years.

Showing reviews 121 to 140 of 169.

Important Note

All ratings and reviews are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.