Overall Ratings

Overall

Based upon average ratings provided by 40 members - add your own review

Showing results 1 to 20 of 40.

AmandaT
Reviewed July 2012.

Performance Reliability
Parts Availability Overall Value for Money

Had second hand from my cousin, i was one of two owners. Really good looking, well performing bike. I could travelled 80+ miles a day for work and had to fill up every seecond day! Really good milage for petrol. Only problem i found was buying parts as wear and tear was a weekly problem for me (due to milage) in the end had to sell her and get a new bike on finance, sad to see her go. Recommend a hyosung.

Good petrol consumption. Good looking. Great handling. Cheap to insure
Can be difficult to find parts
Reviewing a 2001 model.
Spoked wheels
Owned for more than 5 years.

Mark Gardiner
Reviewed October 2010.

[enlarge]

Performance Reliability

I wonder if I am the longest owner here...??

Had mine since Sept 02 from new. I only use it occasionally now and has only done 1550 miles. So far, all that has gone wrong is the battery, but seeing as it sits out under cover most of the time is not surprising! Still £20 for a new one is no big deal.

My only gripe, is that for me, the seat could be a couple inches longer as that flip up to level 2 (!) really aggravates my arse (sorry coxis!) after a while.

I had all sorts of plans to have it rebored to 185cc (is the easiest to achieve as means having the bore liner removed only), and I think it could be a better bike for it. However, like all cruisers, is top heavy, so watch the cornering as its not the sort of bike you simply lay over and don't have to think about.

I paid £1475 OTR with a helmet thrown in, but I have a full licence and am miffed that the insurance is dearer for me (40's) than a Honda 750 Shadow !! Also anyone ever found a 6 month policy anywhere??

Looks, racey solid engine, feels bigger and faster than is - is a SUZUKI by another name!
The British weather!
May fit bags and a screen and double drive light set and reduce the rear mud guard length to make it more sporty! Oh an add smaller number plate and LED turn indicators...
Owned for more than 5 years.

firehazzard
Reviewed September 2009.

Performance Reliability

had this bike for a week now its a 02 reg was sitting for 4 yrs in a ware house spent 140 pounds getting through its m.o.t needed new tyre and battery my dad cleaned out the carboretta and from then it has worked perfectly untill a few days ago when a car decided to blind me and i crashed going down a country road with its high beems hit the curb at 60mph and came off wasnt 2 badly injured just batterd and brused the bike sufferd some minor damage gear rod snapped (easily welded) lost my front left foot peg (easy to find a new 1) and my handle bars r toast i found a new set ofhandle bars on wemoto.com as for the other parts i found a site called startright.com and there are lots of parts for this bike there so plz use the information i found for parts are not as hard to find if u know where to look

Never owned
http://startright.com

ehdmh
Reviewed December 2008.

Performance Reliability

Got one of these as my first bike, love it tho getting parts is a bi dificult, the handlebars are a bit bent on mine (like that when i got it) id like to replace them with some apes but dont know where to get any that fit this bike.

If anyone knows please e-mail me where i can get them (preferably in the UK) [Log in to view email]

Never owned

badassbiker
Reviewed December 2008.

Performance Reliability

i have had mine for a little over a year now its a great bike ive changed the spockets 15 front 46 rear and cone filter now goes 75+ mine also fell in wind n bent handlebars got nice set of apes on now. its used all year round sun or snow starts even if parked up for a mouth or more, ive had to rebuld carb and repaint parts and what ever you do dont go to bjk motorbikes in crewe he thinks he knows about them thats a lie id neaver buy from there again id recommend to anyone to buy 1 mine dose 100mile trips no fuss change oil every 800 to 1000 miles not 1500 as some will tell you to. plus engne same as suzuki gs 125 for parts .

woman love it
parts hard to find
Reviewing a 2004 model.
customed
Owned for 1 year.

MillaMeter
Reviewed May 2005.

Performance Reliability

I've owned my Hyosung Cruise II for about 1 month now brought for £750. It's my first bike and not had a major crash...yet. There was 1 slight drop when pulling out of a T junction and some woman in a ford fiesta took the corner sharp, I braked hard coursing the front wheel to slide on gravel. I was doing about 2-5mph pulling out. the biker suffered minor damage, I was really surprised since as the bike is quite heavy. Only broken footpeg and scratched rear left indicator. The parts were dirt cheap. Also, my bike got blown over by strong wind, the bike was on it's side leaking oil. When I picked the bike up, the bars where totally bent like beckham, and the rear left indicator (which got scratched from drop) completely snapped off along with the footpeg. Minor scratch on front fender nothing too serious. To repair this, came just over £100, that to me was quite impressive.
Like someone else said, It's really comfy, it's like sitting in a leather armchair. The only bad point about the bike is the gear ratio, it's geared down so much and feels like it needs another gear. Overall, this bike is outstanding. I got 120 miles on a 5'er of petrol! This bike gets allot of TLC and polish, which makes public turn heads.
If anyone needs parts, just give bavanar a call. They deal with every part for the bike at low prices.

Owned for 1 month.

sarahes42
Reviewed May 2005.

Performance Reliability

Hi, I have a 2002 Hyosung Cruise 2, I bought it from J & S Accessories in Leeds, but I get it serviced in Northwich, Cheshire by J & S Accessories, and parts are available from them, either by collection or mail order. (No, I don't work for them! :-) )

Owned for 3 years.

Medicman
Reviewed January 2005.

Performance Reliability

I bought my Cruise 2 about 3 months ago now for £1000. It only had 46 Miles on the clock. Its got about 1200 now. FANTASTIC. I ride it almost every day to and from work (Approx 50 Miles). Always at a steady 60 on the main A23 to Brighton. I really can't complain. considering the miles Im doing and the weather Ive been travelling in. This bike has definately given me the bike buzz. As soon as I pass my test I will be moving up. (I'll be a little sad to get rid of it) It does get looks wherever I ride it. Even my old man was impressed when he picked it up for me and rode it home, and he rides a bloody great Harley. This does look like and sound like a bigger bike. It doesn't have the tinny sound that some smaller bikes have. I would definately recommend it for a learner bike.
As everyone else has mentioned it is quite hard to get new bits for it. but apart from that its great.

Owned for 3 months.

mapandus
Reviewed December 2004.

Performance Reliability

Bought one from J&S in 2002 a few months after falling off a 600 Suzuki and deciding that I should take things easier! Trouble with having a quick bike is you really must have all the protective gear, then riding on a sunny day you stew. So I bought a 125 to just potter about. And the Cruise 2 is fine for that, comfortable, not quick (is any 125 quick?) handles OK, looks good (although that's a matter of opinion). As stated elsewhere it is low geared, but as I rarely go much over 45 isn't that much of an issue. No problems so far.

Never owned

MArtin
Reviewed February 2004.

Performance Reliability

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Excellent bike and highly recommended. Like others I agree that it needs a bit more oomph, and since my rear sprocket needs replacing I'm going to replace front and rear ones and increase the size of the front. I'll let you know what the results are like.

The worst problem I have with the Cruise II is the complete lack of technical data available. I desperately want a workshop manual!

Owned for 3 months.

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More second hand ads...

oldfart
Reviewed February 2004.

Performance Reliability

bought 2001 model 4 my sons 17th.cheap at £700,but having 2 m.order c&s.nice bike,but paint finish on frame rubbish.i think chain wear may be due 2 korean plasticine c&s,trying 2 source decent kit.will try bavanar,thankyou.

Owned for 3 months.

james
Reviewed December 2003.

Performance Reliability

i cant find parts for it soif u can help me plz do

Owned for 6 months.

Andy
Reviewed October 2003.

Performance Reliability

Bought my Cruise 2 a week ago for 800 notes with only 2000 Km on the clock. Immaculate condition, a lot of the 'chrome'is in fact plastic...still looks great though, a real head turner and looks a lot bigger than a 125. Fuel economy is excellent, handles well but does need an extra gear at the top end. Will sit at 60 pmh all day with no worries. A great, nippy learner legal bike. Get one if you can...I understand they're no longer imported.

Owned for 1 month.

Lee
Reviewed September 2003.

Performance Reliability

I have got this cruise2 for nearly a year now (brand new from J&S).
First few days was nightmare, NO light at all, the rev sometime work and sometime don't, I took it back and they fixed the problem. then a week later on my way home from work, it was raining and the engine just cut off. I could not start or kick start again. After 90 minites wait on the rain, recovery service turned up and could not fix the problem...so it then put on the van and heading home. Next day recovery services took it to J&S and within an hour they fix it, the problem was with the lead connected to the plug was not perfectly in good condition and water got through (that was how it came out of manufacture on some bike), they put a new lead on and everything work perfectly again.
About 5 months later the indicator not working (not totally sometime work and sometime don't) u know when u took it to the garage then it works, but when it at home or riding about then it don' t :)), I then bought a flash indicator from J&S (I can't reember how much exactly but less than £3), and replace it myself, everything then work perfect again.
After nearly a year now, everything still in very good condition ..Most people complaint about chains, sprockets don't last long but mine still very good after 2500miles, but I did tention it twice myself.
I am quite happy with the bike for this sort of money.
I also drill a hole about the size of a pen on the exhault and the noise is quite good, but it hidden from view and belive me no body can see it.even look closer.
The only problem that I am having now is sometime the engine cut off because of the rev too low, but start again fine.
I am now looking to get a cylinder kit from 150 to 250cc put it on...do you know anywhere i can get that?
Thanks guys and ride safe

Owned for 1 year.

cruiser 1
Reviewed September 2003.

Performance Reliability

i bought my hyosung cruise 2 about a year ago, the fuel economy is excellent, 140 miles + on a tankfull, ( without going in to reserve, i can get around 65-70 mph, a freind of mine owns th eyamaha xvs125 dragstar and gets nowhere near the hyosung fuel economy,i did portmouth to london, london to portsmouth and back to london again on the same tankfull,and that was with doing 60-65mph all the way, yes th eseat has small puddles when it gets wet, but that is no real problem,what astounds me is the comfort level, it is like sitting in an armchair, so comfortable, i have owned several bikes, but if i had one of these first, i certainly would not have bothered with the other machines, i intend to use it to pass my main test.

Owned for 6 months.

Deano
Reviewed September 2003.

Performance Reliability
- -
- -

I approached J&S is Greenwich about purchasing A Hyosung Cruise 2 and like someone else mentioned, was told that they were no longer available.I too went for the Vulcan FY125 (badged under the name Feiying) and what a disaster. Picked it up on friday morning, going to work on friday night was told by a car driver that my back light wasnt on. i checked and it appeared to have blown the bulb. I changed the bulb and the following day the bulb blew again. a third bulb also blew. Took the bike back twice and despite doing two different corrective procedures, the bike still remained faulty. Under duress, they agreed to replace the bike with another new one. i picked the new one up and on the way home (10 miles or so) the nearside fork relecter fell off, the Speedo failed (investigation revealed that the nut on the back wasnt tight enough and the contact had literally fallen down away from the speedo). A day later,m the back light blew again. I corrected it myself this time (properly) and apart from the speedo and rev counter not working properly (speedo never went passed 40mph despite doing nearer to 55mph and revs going down when accelarating!) decided that i could live with it. I had this bike a week and got knocked off by a female motorist pulling out a junction!Bike is (thankfully) a write off, and I can honestly say that was the best I had felt since first purchasing the bike.Whilst looking good and sounding very throaty, I urge everyone from staying away from this bike.

-
Owned for 1 month.

Russ
Reviewed August 2003.

Performance Reliability

My sons is an 03 plate machine bought last March. Unfortunately he had a very slight front mating with an Astra. The Astra suffered a crack to its plastic bumper. The bike suffered major frame damage, bending under the tank. The new frame was available from Bavanar but took some 4 weeks to arrive along with a replacement front mudguard. We have just finished rebuilding the bike which came apart like a dream. The front end come off complete along with the loom, and the engine was a doddle. The frame cost £300 and the mudguard £50. A bit of an expensive mistake. We put back together it started first time and barring the frame being black you wouldnt know it had been bent.
All in all I think the cruise 2 is a well engineered machine and very good value for money

Never owned

gary
Reviewed July 2003.

Performance Reliability

1st ever bike at 43, looks the part, got no owners manual ,J&S in watford cant get one, any one know where i can get one?. riden watford to somerset and back on £7 fuel. great 1st bike but could do with one more gear

Owned for 3 months.

Dave
Reviewed July 2003.

Performance Reliability

this is the WORST bike i have ever been on. I bought my Cruise II 3 months ago and have had problems ever since. Carberator, indicator, stands, you name it. Not to mension the major lack of power. Avoid this bike like the you would avoid your worst enemy. I have got rid of mine and did not mind loosing £450, as long as i got rid!!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!!!

Owned for 3 months.

linda
Reviewed June 2003.

Performance Reliability

Hyosung cruise 11
Fantastic learner bike I have only had mine a short time and I love it to bit’s, it has never let me down it is a head turner, so if you like to be noticed this is the bike for you.
I have now passed my driving test and reluctantly have to sell her my bike is a lovely white/Gold see my advert on this site if you are interested in purchasing a lovely well looked after bike.

Owned for 3 months.

Showing results 1 to 20 of 40.

Important Note

All ratings and reviews are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.