Overall

Based upon average ratings provided by 61 members - add your own review

Showing results 1 to 20 of 61.

sol4cars
Reviewed March 2016.

[enlarge]

Performance Reliability
Parts Availability Overall Value for Money

I am the proud owner of a 1990 Peugeot 205 'look' finished in white with blue and white pinstripes. It is such a perfect little car I have had no problems since buying it off of its one and only owner in January. It has only done 94000 miles and for a car that will be 26 in August I think it's very good. There is plenty of pull away power for a 1.1l and the handling is superb, I can't afford gti insurance at my age (20) but I will one day; until then this little car isn't going anywhere.

cheap, simple to fix, reliable, economic, overall pleasant.
can't rally think of any.
Reviewing a 1990 model.
'look' trim 1.1l
Owned for 3 months.

THIEK
Reviewed February 2011.

Performance Reliability

Was given this car 1991, 205, 2door 1100cc three years ago by my neighbour when he retired ,and as someone famous said 'I DON'T BELIEVE IT' as it has never let me down, starts first time , every time and has only cost me 2 tyres and two discs since owning it. She sails through the test without a cough even though she has a hard life as my daily VAN as the rear seats were removed when i got her.
Can only say , if they still made them I would recommend and yes i have another car a TT 225 QUATRO but for just popping out always take the PUGGET

SO FLIPPIN RELIABLE AND NIMBLE
A BIT DOWN ON POWER WHEN LOADED UP
Reviewing a 1991 model.
205, 1100CC , 2 DOOR, STYLE
Owned for 3 years.

Tinytwin
Reviewed April 2009.

Performance Reliability

Good little runner, bought 2nd hand. Very nippy. No problems at all with her. Even when she bust a water pipe and I ran out of water, failed to notice and warped the head, she was as good as new after the head was skimmed! Excellent fuel consumption - York to London and back on a tank full of fuel. Failed MOT on the back axle, which I replaced from a scrap dealer. This failed a couple of years later, so sadly had to scrap as the replacement would have cost as much as replacing her. Seats very comfortable, and greatly missed when I replaced her with a newer 106. Regretted going for a less comfortable car. I would easily go for another 205 again.

Excellent fuel consumpton, no major problems, just the usual ageing of parts.
Fails MOT on back axle with age
Diesel, 3-door hatchback
Owned for 4 years.

Archer
Reviewed March 2009.

Performance Reliability

I had a dreadful experience with a 205 Diesel. It is the worst car I have ever owned. The only good thing about it was the fuel consumption at 55mpg. Lots of mechanical problems: brakes - rotting pipes, leaking seals. Washers - failed pump. Heater - failed motor. Engine - oil leak. I trader the car in with a dealer and saw the new owner some time later and found out that the problems had continued with failed radiator, alternator etc

unreliable too much to list!
fuel economy
Reviewing a 1984 model.
205 1.8 litre diesel
Owned for 3 years.

james
Reviewed February 2008.

[enlarge]

Performance Reliability

I have the peugeot 205 rallye 1.4 in white.
Brilliant car handles well, and with the 1.9 gti brakes on it it stops to apenny. but it is slow on take off you need to rev it hard to get the twin choke carb going. ones that kicks in it fly's. But parts are aproblem as its quite arare car.

just never rusts!
i keep breaking it! parts fall off.
Reviewing a 1992 model.
1.4 rallye s
Owned for 6 months.

magician176
Reviewed November 2007.

Performance Reliability

For the person in Phoenix with the car cutting out. Some cars have a sensor on the flywheel for reference. They tend to give problems when they are hot, then when they cool down they work well again until they heat up, needs to check the heat protection plate or just replace the unit.

Owned for 5 years.

wez
Reviewed November 2006.

Performance Reliability

I drive a low mileage immaculate yellow 205 1.4 Rallye S which is fantastic value and lots of fun to drive. Always been reliable but does anyone know what might cause it develop the odd misfire only in the winter. All summer it's perfect but if weather is frosty it can misfire for a while then suddenly be perfect again for ages. It's the third year it's done it now. Pulling the choke on seems to get round the problem until it goes. Can't just be fuel starvation as it NEVER suffers from this in the summer.
This is the ONLY fault with the car but is annoying in the winter.

Owned for 5 years.

Busymumof5
Reviewed December 2005.

Performance Reliability

I have a white 205 1.8 TURBO DIESEL. This car is my life and soul i love it to bits. She is always reliable ok she has a few problems here and there but hey it is 13 years after all and most cars her age are getting written off every day for very minor things. I have just done a few things to her and she goes like a bomb again! If you havent got one GO BUY ONE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED!

Owned for 1 year.

Al's Pug
Reviewed February 2005.

Performance Reliability

My 91 205 DTurbo 5 dr goes like hell, economical, relativly reliable and easy to service.
However non service jobs are a right pain........
Alternator arrrgh grill, front panel (inc bonnetcatch), fans,radiator, PAS reservoir air filter housing and duct all have to me removed before you grovel around the wheel arch to
release the thing, and you can guess who had a faulty replacement and had to do it twice outside in the middle of February!.
Having said all that have just done head gasket took a long time in the cold and wet but no real probs just a long job.
but its a great drive, just watch you dont get too many points on ypu'r licence !

Owned for more than 5 years.

John
Reviewed February 2004.

Performance Reliability

HELP!
I'm doing a charity run thru. the Sahara and want some larger diameter wheels for my 205 XLD. Does anybody know what wheels will fit the stud pattern without any changes.
Thanks
in advance.

Owned for 1 month.

Adverts Currently On Preloved

Place an ad here for free

» More second hand ads...

rsweeting_uk
Reviewed February 2004.

Performance Reliability

Help ! I have a 96 205 diesel which I have had since new and it had served me well since, even to Souh of Spain and back 5 times without a problem. Now I have the most puzzleing fault. Every so often the car will not turn over when the ignition key is turned, give it a slight push/rock when in gear and with luck and by turning the key at the same time it starts. If not, leave it alone for a while and then it will start instantly as always, this may happen every day or not at all for weeks. I have changed the starter motor, battery, stop valve and checked all the wiring and still the same fault occurs. I took the car to a garage but of course the fault did not occur for them!. If anyone has had a similar problem and can help please let me know. e-mail : [Log in to view email]

wizzard57
Reviewed February 2004.

Performance Reliability
- -
- -

have a huge problem with my 88 diesel 205grd. I get the car started no bother but it goes for a few minutes when i drive it then it dies out completely. The whole thing dies without warning no chugging or backfiring and then it wont start again! i thought it might be a problem with an air bubble in the fuel pipe but ive pumped it and its fine! I don't know if it the diesel injector can anyone help? i dont want to pay for a new diesel injector because it will cost more than the cars worth! give me an e-mail: [Log in to view email] thanks

-

bridjit the migit
Reviewed January 2004.

Performance Reliability

i bought my 205gti 1.6 in dec, and i have had no problems with it untill now. It wont start properly it keeps backfiring, i think it might be the dissy cap or the leads have had it, if u have any idea what it is please tell it would be much appreatiated. they are a wicked car though!!!

Owned for 1 month.

TW3
Reviewed January 2004.

Performance Reliability

My 1990 Peugeot 205 Diesel runs well, is very reliable and starts every time without fail. The main problem is that every time it rains it fills with water. I have searched and searched but cannot find where it is coming in. If anyone has experienced this problem and solved it - please tell me [Log in to view email] Cheers.

MG
Reviewed December 2003.

Performance Reliability
- -
- -

Me has a 205GTi 1.6 J Reg. Had it for a year and it is a beauty. No problems at all apart from a Coil related starting problem......but!! I topped up my oil today and saw a coffee coloured texture peeking out at me. Is this a sign of Head Gasket problems? What is the knock on effect of this? And is it expensive to get a mechanic to fix? Help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

-
Owned for 1 year.

cawarra
Reviewed November 2003.

Performance Reliability
- -
- -

Bought 1.6 GTi brand new in 1988,after two weeks CPu fried.After that magic.Thinking of buying another.Mid-life crisis thing!However after reading comments - maybe not.

-
Owned for 2 years.

mungo
Reviewed October 2003.

Performance Reliability

205 GTI... A classic car, awesome performance for its size and time, still has a presence on the road despite being launched in 1986. I've owned a pug 205 GTI 1.9 for four years now and I have to agree its one of those cars you fall in love with. Despite the fact its as about as reliable as British Rail, and its running costs (much like BR as well) are very high (insurance). It's a real drivers car, with suberb handling and great accelleration, with plenty of modifications and parts available (Thanks http://www.pugspares.co.uk) the car still has a few years left in it. Conclusion: Pocket-Rocket and Empty Pockets.

So far I have had to replace the CV gaitors, new starter motor, new brake switch, replaced old plugs which had wrong gaps (due to last owner), clutch and broken brake pipe.
Im thinking of changing the engine to a Mi16 as i think this one is shot. Its burning oil, is that an engine fuel mixture problem? or is it the head? help.

Owned for 4 years.

Jazz
Reviewed May 2003.

Performance Reliability
- -
- -

Had an XS for 5 years (sadly now 5 years ago...) loved it (except for the scream on the m-way) sold it (part ex for a Impreza Turbo) miss the steering... JUST DO NOT WRECK THE 205s LEFT! They are a classic period. One of the best drives ever. I remeber feeling underwheled after driving my pa E34 5 series after the pudge

-
Owned for 5 years.

Mr Smooth
Reviewed May 2003.

Performance Reliability

Had a 205xs, fire started in the fuse box.Whole thing went up in flames. Mental! Any one lese had same happened to them?

Owned for 2 years.

Mr GTi
Reviewed May 2003.

Performance Reliability

Anyone now where I can buy a T-16 bodykit for my 205 Mi16. Drop us some mail if you do!!!!

Never owned

Showing results 1 to 20 of 61.

Important Note

All ratings and reviews are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.