PS3 Playstation 3 Review

Overall Ratings

Overall

Based upon average ratings provided by 6 members - add your own review

tonycrbtt2
Reviewed November 2013.

Graphics Sound
Availability of Games Overall Value for Money

the ps3 is quite simply a fantastic value for money console. when first launched Sony didn't get any profit from sales but in fact made a loss on every unit sold. same cant be said about the xbox..in my opinion the PS4 and XBOX1 battle for our cash will be the best and closest to date but i am a PS man and don't intend to change. Quite glad i don't have to pay 40 quid a year to listen to 10yr olds on cod crying because they got shot.

Loaded with tech. great console.
the little black rubber stoppers on the bottom of the slim keep falling off.
Reviewing a 2007 model.
went from phat to slim in no time at all.
Owned for more than 5 years.

brentus
Reviewed September 2012.

Graphics Sound

ive had every console basically and have always gone back to sony,i have the 250gb slimline one now but had the 60gb when first launched.much better value than an xbox 360 as online gaming is free and you dont need batteries for the wireless controllers,and its a blu-ray dvd player.game availability and game play not much different than xbox,but has more pros

free online play,blu-ray dvd player
none ;)
Reviewing a 2010 model.
250gb slimline
Owned for 1 year.

Joe0029
Reviewed August 2012.

Graphics Sound

I've Ownd every console on the market and the PS3 is far superior than than the xbox 360. I own a 500gig ps3 and the graphics are awsome, it's also a blu-ray player so no need to buy one. The only downside to ps3 is that like the 360 u can't load a music album onto the hddrive and while playing ur games u can't have music in bck ground, I'll be pre ordering the Ps4 as soon as I get word of a date it's to be released.

There's no need for a blu-ray DVD player as it's all on the ps3
U can't load a music album on the hard drive and play music in bck ground while playing games
Reviewing a 2011 model.
Owned for 1 year.

Gee
Reviewed March 2011.

Graphics Sound

I hav eowned a 40GB version of the PS3 since Xmas 2010 - I bought it from Preloved funnily enough. It is a fantastic console, certainly the best in terms of available games. However, somethings to bear in mind if you're planning on buying one:

1) only the original 60gb version is backwards compatible with PS1 & 2 games - all other versions will only play PS3 games;
2) Be careful of people selling PS3's for spares & repairs if they have removed the BluRay logic board. The logic board is paired to the motherboard and can only be used with that motherboard. Therefore, if someone has removed the bluray player, you can install a new bluray player if teh logic board is still theer. If teh logic board has gone, you cannot install a new bluray player as you'd have to buy a new logic board, and it wouldn't be paired to the motherboard. Hope that makes sense.
3) The actual PS3 console (and games) are , in my opinion, very expensive. The only reason I bought one was because I got it cheap on Preloved.
4) Not all games are good graphically. I know that sounds blaspemous given that it's meant to be HD and all that, but there are some games that are very very ropey in the graphics department, even on a HD telly - a certain footie franchise springs to mind!! Oh and don't think your PS1 & 2 games (if yuo have a 60GB version) will look any better, coz they wont.
5) The sound quality is phenomenal - if you put it thru a surround sound speaker system. If you rely on your telly speakers, you will not be that amazed. The full wonder of sound is experienced thru a decent sound system.
6) unless you're a very heavy gamer, you wont need too big a hard drive. the only reason the hard drives keep getting bigger on these consoles is because people download games to store on them and you will still need some space to install games from discs. If you only intend playing the odd few games (like me), then a 40-80gb version of the PS3 will be more than sufficient. Obviously, the bigger the hard drive, the more expensive it's gonna be.

Well that's my twopenneth - I hope it helps.

Geoff

An excellent all round entertainment system
the internet browsing experience could be better - it's not very intuitive
Reviewing a 2007 model.
Original 40GB version
Owned for 3 months.

Dan
Reviewed January 2011.

Graphics Sound

far too much to buy for the things u get on it
Never owned

evan
Reviewed December 2010.

Graphics Sound

AWESOME!! i want one!!!!

everything
nothing
Never owned

Important Note

All ratings and reviews are submitted by visitors to this web site, and represent their own personal opinion. They do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Preloved.

You use this information at your own risk. Preloved can not be held responsible for any damages or loss resulting from the use of this site. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more details.